You are not logged in.

#1 2026-06-11 17:28

patxi-p
Member
Registered: 2026-06-11
Posts: 2

Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

I have installed the last Q4OS 32bit distribution into an old computer with a Pentium M 1,7hz computer with 1GbRAM. Q4OS works very well and nice. From the initial wellcome screen I installed private codecs first and then the rest of apps installed from the complete desktop profile.

Everything well, but the chromium browser does not work. When started it shows the message "the system lacks support for the sse3 instruction set". No matter as it is the Firefox browser what I really need and wish. So I tried to install the Firefox browser, it is ready from the  Software Center:

It starts to be installed but stops at the 52% with the following message: (translated from spanish): "The simulation was not made correctly. Sorry, the installation cannot continue... cleaning and cancelling"

I believe something previous is needed to be installed. If it cannot be solved, this 32bit distribution is worthless for me. Thanks in advance to whoever could help me.

Offline

#2 2026-06-11 17:31

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

Welcome to the forum smile

We will check Firefox installer for 32bit systems. In anyway, you can try installing Firefox ESR from repositories:
$ sudo apt install firefox-esr
and post back the result.

Online

#3 2026-06-12 10:27

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

We have tested FF setup from the software center and all works just fine. Please run in terminal and post back the result:
$ get-q4os-version
$ sudo apt-get check

Moreover attach the files below or ship them via e-mail support@q4os.org for us to anaylyze:
/home/<user>/.appsetup2/log/setup-q4os-firefox_*.log

Online

#4 2026-06-14 13:23

patxi-p
Member
Registered: 2026-06-11
Posts: 2

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

Thank you for your quick  answer and support!!

1. The 'sudo apt install firefox-esr' command worked perfect and it was installed, but it could not be seen as installed.  So I created an icon pointing to /usr/bin/firefox-esr to be able to start it.

2. Today 14th the firefox-esr app appears as installed at the new apps folder. I expect it will self-migrate to the normal installed folder

4.I already set email with the *.log files asked for. Also included the 'version' and 'check' text files you asked for, as answers to your 'get-q4os-version' and 'sudo apt-get check' commands

5. Ramdomly the system reboots (once every day). Last month I believe this same problem was solved when I installed a 32bit Lubuntu version, by adding a 'forcepae' option at the start. Maybe it is also needed at the start of your Q4OS 32-bit distro.

Thank you again, patxi-p, Madrid,Spain

Offline

#5 2026-06-18 11:25

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

We confirm we have received log files via e-mail. We have found an issue in our Firefox installer. It shows in some specific cases, for ex. for "firefox-l10n-es-es" locale. We are going to fix it and post back here as the fix is applied. Thanks for reporting.

Online

#6 2026-06-18 11:47

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

Well, the issue should have been fixed from now. You could try to run FF installer once again and post back the result.

Online

#7 2026-10-08 08:38

HerrAbisZ
Member
From: noch Wien
Registered: 2023-10-26
Posts: 38
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

I'm having the same problem with version 5.10—there might be a bug in “firefox-l10n-de-de” ?


BITTE helft einander! Mehr auf meinem Blog http://herrabisz.wordpress.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrAbisZ2 + 3

Offline

#8 2026-10-08 09:05

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

HerrAbisZ wrote:

I'm having the same problem with version 5.10—there might be a bug in “firefox-l10n-de-de” ?

Please post a brief description of the issue you encounter.

Online

#9 2026-10-08 12:42

HerrAbisZ
Member
From: noch Wien
Registered: 2023-10-26
Posts: 38
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

The text goes something like this: “Firefox cannot be installed right now—cancel and clean up.” I'll take a screenshot when I have it again.

I'm currently trying to set up a dual-boot system with q4OS on a netbook running Batocero 5.25, but I keep failing because I don't understand the commands in the terminal yet.

Acer Aspire D150


BITTE helft einander! Mehr auf meinem Blog http://herrabisz.wordpress.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrAbisZ2 + 3

Offline

#10 2026-10-08 12:47

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

Well, the screenshot would be helpful, or the exact message wording at least.

Added later 25 min 17 s:
Well, we are now able to reproduce the issue. We will investigate and post back.

Online

#11 2026-10-08 13:21

HerrAbisZ
Member
From: noch Wien
Registered: 2023-10-26
Posts: 38
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

patxi-p wrote:

Es beginnt zu installieren, bleibt aber bei den 52% mit der folgenden Nachricht: (übersetzt von Spanisch): "Die Simulation wurde nicht korrekt gemacht. Sorry, die Installation kann nicht fortgesetzt werden... Reinigung und Abbruch"

LIke this

mini_Firefox-installation-failed.png


BITTE helft einander! Mehr auf meinem Blog http://herrabisz.wordpress.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrAbisZ2 + 3

Offline

#12 2026-10-08 13:22

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

Well, Mozilla has stopped releasing FF for i386 architecture. We can only recommend you to install Debian's Firefox ESR from repositories:
$ sudo apt install firefox-esr

In anyway we will fix the installer, thanks for the report.

Online

#13 2026-10-08 14:34

HerrAbisZ
Member
From: noch Wien
Registered: 2023-10-26
Posts: 38
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

Danke


BITTE helft einander! Mehr auf meinem Blog http://herrabisz.wordpress.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/HerrAbisZ2 + 3

Offline

#14 2026-10-08 15:16

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: Unable to install Firefox in 32bit Trinity 2026 Version

Installer is fixed now and installs Firefox-Esr.

Online

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman