You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-20 13:43

ABen488

My usage experience Q4OS

Hello everyone. In this story I want to share my experience of using  Q4OS(Aquarius) Trinity.I am a person who is afraid of experimenting with my computer. One day I decided to install this system on a beech that has 2 GB of RAM 2 cores namely (intel atom n2600),and system unit ThinkCenter n79 .A rather old system unit that has DDR3. It has a processor installed, also with 2 cores and 4 threads, but with 16 GB of RAM. And so, the first thing when I installed it on the system unit, I decided to go into the processes, how much processor it consumes. Surprisingly it showed 1% in a simple state. In the program  htop It turned out that the result is exactly the same (1%). As for browsers. I use a fairly modern Yandex browser (this is an analogue of Google). More precisely, it is built on Google. The processor was not loaded when I opened rather heavy pages. memory was 800 MB, but this is if you open a modern browser(the browser did not freeze)  (. With Sea Monkey, of course 400-500 MB. By the way, what’s most interesting is that I had the same thing on Antix. I also calmly played various old games using the Lux Wine program. In general, I have more than 4 GB GB did not suit my needs. I would also like to note that I installed the basic level of Q4Os Trinity. What conclusion did I draw for myself?
1)Q4OS is really a distribution for weak computers (if we are talking about Trinity), because I used Trinity. It consumes a little more than Antix at 200 MB
2)I can say one thing about KDE. Of course, it consumes Trinity a little more, but for me the highlight of this distribution is Trinity
With this story, perhaps I will answer the questions of those users who, like me, are looking for an easy alternative, as I once looked for for 2 long years

Last edited by ABen488 (2024-07-20 13:45)

Board footer