You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-04 06:15

bin

Window crashes moving FastStone Image Viewer window under WINE TDE

This going to be something of an edge case here I expect, so this is just to document what happens.

FastStone is a very good general Windows image viewer and editor. I have been running it under WINE on TDE since 2016 in various forms and it behaves well.

Since (I think 14.1 or 14.1.1) I have run into a problem where the application launches fine, but as soon as you try to move the window, the window crashes. The application is still running, if you click where there should be a menu or similar you get the normal response from the program to what should be there - but these just hang in space on the desktop.

After a bit of fiddling I have found that if I disable 'Update Window Contents when moving Window'  in TDE settings then normality is restored. OK it does mean that you get wire-frames when moving widows in the desktop, but that's no great hardship.

Looking at Trinity's release notes they did some updates to twin so I guess that's where it lies as it also happens in normal TDE/Debian

TBH I'm not sure it rates raising a bug with Trinity as FastStone is the only thing I've found that does this - and it has always done slightly different things to windows depending on what DE you are using over the years.

Last edited by bin (2024-07-04 06:16)

Board footer