You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-20 15:00

Manessa

Compatibility

Good afternoon, I have a question. I recently bought a laptop with two gigabytes of RAM and a 2-core processor. I got it cheap. Will Q4OS 32 bit work for me? Has anyone had experience with 2 GB of RAM on q4os?

#2 2024-06-20 15:22

seb3773

Re: Compatibility

Manessa wrote:

Good afternoon, I have a question. I recently bought a laptop with two gigabytes of RAM and a 2-core processor. I got it cheap. Will Q4OS 32 bit work for me? Has anyone had experience with 2 GB of RAM on q4os?

It will work, although you can't open a lot of applications in the same time, and the same applies to the browser, if you have too much web pages opened, it will use all the ram and will become slow (to summarize tongue)... But this is not q4os specific; the same applies to other systems with only 2Gb, and it is very dependant of what you intend to do with this computer. But q4os will work ok, it is enough ram for the OS, and q4os is designed to be very "frugal" about ram usage, because nothing superflous is installed/running by default. I suggest you the basic profile and install only what you need. If possible, add 2Go more to have a better user experience.
Installing zram will probably helps a lot too.

Last edited by seb3773 (2024-06-20 15:26)

My Q4OS scripts: win10/osx theming, perfs optimisation, laptop configuration, ...  for trinity users -->  https://github.com/seb3773/q4osXpack

Board footer