You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-18 08:44

Sandgroper

Q4OS is my daily driver

For many years, I have been distro hopping, hoping that one day, I'll settle down to one particular distro. I do like the concept of a rolling release distro. Install once, and just do the upgrades. The only one that really had my interest was PCLINUXOS as a daily driver. However, I had an issue with that distro that prompted me to look elsewhere. That's where I found Q4OS on Distrowatch. It came with a windows installer. I wish more distros do that. I downloaded Q4OS and install it on my ancient laptop that still have Windows 7. I chose Trinity as my desktop, and after a bit of tweaking, was going good. Very happy with the stability. Yay! The issue that I had with PClinux was not there. Everything worked. I think I have found my daily driver. I even liked the 5 year support. Good-oh.

#2 2024-07-30 23:48

Christopher633

Re: Q4OS is my daily driver

Hi! Big thumbs up! I'm glad you found a distribution that meets your needs. Q4OS is impressive in terms of stability and simplicity. I was also pleasantly surprised by the ease of installation and the long-term support. It’s a great choice for those who want to avoid constant distro hopping.

If you want to stay updated with updates and news, it’s worth joining the Q4OS community, you can find support and interesting tips from other users there and all that.

#3 2024-07-31 01:41

crosscourt
Website

Re: Q4OS is my daily driver

I run both PCLinuxOS and Q4OS and havent had any issues with either. Im using the KDE versions and both are lightweight and easy to install but Q4OS has more options, some nicer built in features and is Debian based.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.5 KDE   HP Elitedesk 705 G4 Mini - Ryzen 5 2400g, 16gb ddr4, 1tb m.2 nvme ssd

Board footer