You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-03 18:49

Ashman

Grub Issue?

Thank you for Q4OS; especially the initial option to install to live, basic, minimal etc.

I have been using Q4 Gemini; it works smoothly and easily.

Today, I installed Q4 Aquarius, on the same disk as the old Gemini, but to different partitions (for Aquarius /and /home) - and it installed successfully. And restarted successfully - but into the old Q4 Gemini!

When I go into the Bios or into Refind (or into Grub Customiser which I have just installed) all show a new entry to boot Q4 Aquarius - and the older entry for Q4 Gemini.

But when I actually boot into the Q4 Aquarius entry I am taken into the old Q4 Gemini; so unable to access Q4 Aquarius.

I am not familiar with Grub etc. but I assume something has gone wrong with Grub boot configuration for the new Aquarius.

During install, after a warning about Grub and EFI, and following the instructions in the warning I did  the following for the first existing EFI partition on the install disk:
- mount it on boot/efi;
- tick the boot flag.
- the Efi partition is 750Mb.

Since I know little about grub entries or where to change them could someone please advise me on where to look for and identify the issue?

Thanks.

#2 2024-06-03 22:59

Ashman

Re: Grub Issue?

So I found the issue.

It is true that Refind (which I rely on to boot different operating systems) has an added entry for Q4OS Aquarius. But loading this entry (icon) still takes me into Gemini - because Gemini is at the top of the menu boot options. But down the menu list is an entry which loads Aquarius.

Now I have to resolve how that particular Refind entry for Aquarius should have Aquarius at the top of the boot menu in the boot options.

Board footer