You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-29 02:01

swordsmanj

Q4OS desktop profiler won't work on wifi

I recently installed Q4OS 2.4 r3 on a pine a64+ I hadn't used in a while. Everything boots up and works fine so far, except I can't use the desktop profiler, or install applications, while on wifi. The wifi appears to work fine, because I can browse the web and download files manually, and the desktop profiler and application installations work when on ehternet. I haven't messed with linux in a while, any ideas of where to start looking for the cause of this issue?

#2 2020-05-30 17:07

Severus

Re: Q4OS desktop profiler won't work on wifi

Lol, asking for help on such an antique, you're funny.
Advice, move to a newer version.
But not to be a total prick the address that the welcome screen - desktop profiler uses is probably antiquated.
You can hack this by temporarily changing your sources to the oldest support release, and updating the welcome screen and desktop profiler related packages.  You will have to locate those yourself.
Once sources is updated, sudo apt update and install your packages, then change the sources back.
Cross your fingers and hope it works whilest not breaking your system.

#3 2020-05-31 05:59

bin

Re: Q4OS desktop profiler won't work on wifi

swordsmanj wrote:

I recently installed Q4OS 2.4 r3 on a pine a64+ I hadn't used in a while. Everything boots up and works fine so far, except I can't use the desktop profiler, or install applications, while on wifi. The wifi appears to work fine, because I can browse the web and download files manually, and the desktop profiler and application installations work when on ehternet. I haven't messed with linux in a while, any ideas of where to start looking for the cause of this issue?

I am not sure whether 2.4 was based on Debian Stretch or Debian Buster ( 9 or 10 ) but either way round they are both currently supported.

If you have a working e/net connection then the first thing to do is get into a terminal and run sudo apt update and then sudo apt upgrade. That's going to take a while!

Once you've done that and rebooted then take a look at the wifi thing. There's no obvious reason why there would be any difference between what you can access with wifi as opposed to e/net. However until you're up to date with everything there's no point in speculating. What you may be seeing is that your sources are out of date if you are on a Stretch based version - the manual update should sort that out.

If it's still going wrong then please report back.

Board footer