You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-17 02:35

Kees in Amsterdam

Install on USB-memory fails repeatedly

Q4OS is a great Linux OS. I have been using Centaurus (on a 32GB USB-flash memory) for some years now, updating it and installing new applications.

I wanted to install the recent distro 3.11 on an other USB-stick, but the install fails every time. The target USB-sticks I tried were 8GB and 16 GB. I tried both downloaded GUI-ISOs a couple of times. It took many hours, but every time the install process halted with the error message:

Command /usr/sbin/debian_adjust.sh failed to finish in 600 seconds. Output: Running hook 2.
... Chroot dir: /tmp/calamares-root-5x8flca2
Architecture: amd64 * install grub ... (bios)

I started from a 1 GB USB-stick, which I'm using now, writing this topic. So it IS functioning.
What can I do to get a complete and functioning Q4OS 3.11 r1 on a flash memory?

#2 2020-05-24 12:58

Tolkem

Re: Install on USB-memory fails repeatedly

Kees in Amsterdam wrote:

Q4OS is a great Linux OS. I have been using Centaurus (on a 32GB USB-flash memory) for some years now, updating it and installing new applications.

I wanted to install the recent distro 3.11 on an other USB-stick, but the install fails every time. The target USB-sticks I tried were 8GB and 16 GB. I tried both downloaded GUI-ISOs a couple of times. It took many hours, but every time the install process halted with the error message:

Command /usr/sbin/debian_adjust.sh failed to finish in 600 seconds. Output: Running hook 2.
... Chroot dir: /tmp/calamares-root-5x8flca2
Architecture: amd64 * install grub ... (bios)

I started from a 1 GB USB-stick, which I'm using now, writing this topic. So it IS functioning.
What can I do to get a complete and functioning Q4OS 3.11 r1 on a flash memory?

I have 3.10 installed on a USB and it works like a charm. I didn't have any problems when installing, it took a bit longer than if installing on a HDD but apart from that, everything went ok. Maybe you could try 3.10 and once installed upgrade to 3.11.

Hope this helps! smile

#3 2020-05-24 23:16

Kees in Amsterdam

Thank you Tolkem,

Of course I can use my current fully functional and upgraded (!) Q4OS release (on a USB-stick), copy it to another USB and go on.
But that won't help the problem I encountered in my idle efforts to install the recent 3.11 from the downloaded ISO.

I hope to learn what the mysterious error message means and to overcome the obstacle.

#4 2020-06-04 20:05

Tolkem

Kees in Amsterdam wrote:

Thank you Tolkem,

Of course I can use my current fully functional and upgraded (!) Q4OS release (on a USB-stick), copy it to another USB and go on.
But that won't help the problem I encountered in my idle efforts to install the recent 3.11 from the downloaded ISO.

I hope to learn what the mysterious error message means and to overcome the obstacle.

Oh, I see. I thought you were trying to install Q4OS by using the 3.11 .iso, didn't know/realize you already are a Q4OS user with a fully-functional 3.10 system up and running, my bad, guess missed that detail. Maybe, if you haven't done so, try re-download the .iso file? And see if that helps?

Board footer