You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-26 23:38

diyako

Google-Chrome

I have installed q4os Centaurus 3.10 with both Plasma and Trinity desktops with google and Firefox installed on both of them. I find google is somewhat different in each of these desktops. Is this just my imagination or indeed there is a difference? I have a couple of questions in this regard.
1. Is it possible to run the google in Trinity while I'm logged into Plasma desktop?
2. When I attempt to import my bookmarks form google to Firefox, it fails to see google as another browser installed on the system. Is there a way to remedy this issue?  Thanks in advance.

#2 2020-05-06 18:39

diyako

Re: Google-Chrome

I am actually puzzled by not having any comment or response in regards with my post about google-chrome after having more than forty views!
Is it really that odd or a strange question, or it just doesn't merit any comments or responses?
Take care and have a good day.

#3 2020-05-06 21:35

wove

I would not read much into the lack of comments, I think people tend to only chime in if they feel they can provide a working solution.

I personally do not use Chrome, so I have no idea hwo it behaves or what is normal behavior. I have a Trinity only install so am not aware of how applications work across different desktops. I think although I might be wrong, that Trinity uses mime types for file associations. If that is the case, you might try looking to see what mime type is associated with Chrome book marks, and then make sure that Firefox is setup so that it can handle that mime type.

In the Trinity desktop file associations can be configure via Control Panel/TDE components/file associations.

You have a nice day as well.

bill

#4 2020-05-06 23:24

Dai_trying

My guess (and that's all it is) is that having two KDE versions might be causing your display problems, maybe there is a config file somewhere that both are reading but they could use different formats or something causing one to display different from the other, I could never see the point of having more than 1 DE installed though, to my thinking it is asking for trouble...

#5 2020-05-08 22:54

diyako

Thank you for your comments and input. I will consider your suggestions.

Board footer