You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-01 19:05

jonnylurvecabbage
Member
Registered: 2026-09-01
Posts: 1

257 Dell Wyse 3040 and 5010's not shutting down fully.

version Andromeda Trinity install CD released 07/15 2026, Installed using full automated no questions asked. Encountered it on an earlier version a couple of months ago, after an install with or without updates or installing any extra software shutting down will cause thin client to freeze on last screen of shutdown process and power light stays on. Hibernate will shutdown properly however. Had a similar problem a few years back with a Samsung laptop. With the 3040's it didn't affect every unit (I had 20 at the time) and just found it on 1 5010 so far but it's the 1st 1 I've put O/S on. I'll try with another unit and update ticket when I know more. Meant to add that it's the q4 pure desktop as installed onto an 8GB SDD

Added later 07 min 53 s:

jonnylurvecabbage wrote:

version Andromeda Trinity install CD released 07/15 2026, Installed using full automated no questions asked. Encountered it on an earlier version a couple of months ago, after an install with or without updates or installing any extra software shutting down will cause thin client to freeze on last screen of shutdown process and power light stays on. Hibernate will shutdown properly however. Had a similar problem a few years back with a Samsung laptop. With the 3040's it didn't affect every unit (I had 20 at the time) and just found it on 1 5010 so far but it's the 1st 1 I've put O/S on. I'll try with another unit and update ticket when I know more. Meant to add that it's the q4 pure desktop as installed onto an 8GB SDD

Same O/S on an Igel d220 2GBRAM and 64GB SSD shuts down fine but auto log in won't work with or without updates or additional software, I know it's a different piece of hardware but thought as is the same O/S would be ok here.

Offline

#2 2026-09-01 19:58

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,424
Website

Re: 257 Dell Wyse 3040 and 5010's not shutting down fully.

Well, we see two distinct issues.
1. 257 Dell Wyse 3040 and 5010's not shutting down fully
2. Igel d220 2GBRAM and 64GB SSD ... auto log in won't work
Please create a separate topic for 2., we will keep 1. discussion here.

This 1. issue is obviously hardware dependent, we are not able to reproduce it on a common hardware. Would you please post a screenshot of the screen in freeze, if any console output is available.

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman