You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 07:47

OldTechLover

Built in laptop touchscreen not properly calibrated

I've got Q4OS running on a couple old laptops of mine including my old Toughbook CF-30 Mk.3 (which I used to post this) and I'm loving it. I only really have one thing to complain about so far. The built in touchscreen doesn't line up right. I place the stylis on one part of the screen and the cursor goes somewhere nearby but far enough away that it's rather difficult to just work with it. It gets worse as I move the stylis away from the lower center part of the screen. If I place the stylis straight in the center of the screen it lines up with the cursor but I if I place it on the edge of the screen the cursor is a little under an inch (roughly two cm) away from it. In fact the cursor and stylis only align vertically if i place it about 2 inches (about 6 cm) up from the bottom edge of the screen and it becomes misaligned in the other direction of I go lower. It is similar horisontally except it aligns about an inch and a half (3.75 cm) to the right of the center of the screen. If someone who knows more about this than I do could please help me out I would greatly appreciate it as I've looked everywhere and have hardly found anything.

#2 Yesterday 17:05

hchiper

Re: Built in laptop touchscreen not properly calibrated

I searched for packages whose name contain "touchscreen" and I discovered so the existence of "x11-touchscreen-calibrator".
I don't know if it can be useful for you...
For some info on it, type $ apt info x11-touchscreen-calibrator

Q4OS machine: Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD

#3 Yesterday 23:32

OldTechLover

Thankyou for the help. I tried what you said but I can't figure out how to install the software. The github is very confusing as is the homepage and the release files I was able to find were essentially a download of all of the information on the page. I tried it in the terminal as well and it keeps telling me it can't unlock the files.

#4 Today 03:51

crosscourt
Website

All you need to do is use Synaptic package manager in Q4OS.  Type in x11-touchscreen calibrate or touchscreen and just scroll to the package, Select the package by clicking on the box and click mark for installation. Go to apply ,click and the package will be installed. I checked and its definitely available in Synaptic package manager.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.x KDE   HP Elitedesk 705 G4 Mini - Ryzen 5 2400g, 16gb ddr4, 1tb m.2 nvme ssd

Board footer