You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-22 08:08

aonine

Black screen when I logout

Hi, like the title says when I try to log out my PC just turn black and I can't do anything like open the console I have to reboot or shutdown, this is happening when I installed KDE plasma but then I realized was there another before, when I login or just boot, it start with plasma and not with Trinity DE anymore but I still having chance to start with trinity, I just can't start with Plasma Wayland but X11 yes, besides this when I logout it turns black screen
Is there a way to fix this?

#2 2024-07-22 21:17

aonine

Re: Black screen when I logout

Okay I realised I changed the SDDM configuration to Plasma, now how I can change this to TDE again?

#3 2024-07-22 22:08

aonine

I tried to start TDE with startx but when i did it my system freeze so I had to reboot again and now I can't start KDE and Trinity, when I'm in the login menu and put my credentials just freeze or put black screen but now I able to start in text mode, what should I do to fix this madness?
Edit: I can enter now into startx but when I logout it just send me to text mode again
When I try to start Plasma i have this error

Last edited by aonine (2024-07-22 22:10)

#4 2024-07-22 22:23

aonine

Update: I fix it! It was not hard at all and I just to use this prompt into console
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tdm-trinity
and choose tdm-trinity and woah! works fine and now I can't log out without problems!
Just curious, why with sddm I had black screen? Modules issues or something?

Board footer