You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-20 18:33

Vargas

!My Journey To Q4OS and Trinity

I really like the Trinity graphical environment; it works exactly as I expect from a working computer. The first operating system I encountered in my life was Win 95 and I really like the aesthetics of Win 95 and in my opinion, Trinity is simply the pinnacle of 9.X style titles!

I discovered the Q4OS distribution when I was looking for a modern and up-to-date operating system to install on my notebook HP Compaq nc6220 and Walla, today it's really, really hard to find something that works even in the GNU/Linux world. I already thought I'd just stay with Windows XP and that's it, but I was happy to find Q4OS and Trinity!

I admit that even though there is an up-to-date kernel, an up-to-date desktop environment, still... it seems that the days of 32BIT processors have passed. It's really hard to find programs that are still being developed and maintained for a 32 Bit environment, although believe it or not my notebook has become a perfect internet machine and there are a lot of games that can be installed in Debian's repositories, the thing that fascinated me the most about Q4OS and Trinity was the system startup sound *__*, wow It sounds like works of art, after you hear it you just want to start working!

From the moment I heard the opening sound I knew! Trinity is for me! And I immediately installed Q4OS on my main computer.

I really liked the software center of Q4OS, most of what I wanted is in the list of 57 features and it's really funny and also cool to see a Win 9.X style installation screen. I also installed some Deb files and the 9.X style installation screen popped up, I understand that it's probably some kind of skin for GDebi, really very cute and fun

My main computer includes an AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT processor and an AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT 6-Core Processor graphics card. I have a 16Gb memory card (divided into 2 8 cards) and everything is connected to an MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI motherboard, this is my gaming computer right for today

Because I liked Trinity so much, I said come on, let's do it, I installed Q4OS and installed Lutris through Synaptic and well... I got a GNU/Linux experience as everyone expects, nothing worked XD, I got a lot of messages that make me aware that many dependencies are missing @@, But I said OK.... a lot of dependencies are missing, let's try the Flatpak version and Walla, after installing Lutris, the Flatpak version, everything just worked... I installed Assassin's Creed Origins and.... it worked.... just a few clicks and it worked, and I succeeded Installed Ubisoft Connect and my save from Windows 11 synchronised perfectly... What fun, after that I installed Kingdom Hearts 3.5 HD Remix and Epic Games Launcher and the same experience......

how fun! My games, Debian Gnu/Linux, actually Q4OS! A graphic interface that I want and not an interface that I compromise on!

and I didn't write anything at all about the fact that my network printer was recognized without me doing anything, it was just available!

it's clear! I found a new home, Q4OS! =]

6a7b7abd948e497650255b1a061425c4a993038e.jpg

Board footer