You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-13 05:35

aonine

How to scalate desktop to 4k resolution?

Hi I already installed trinity as my main DE and I falled in love but I have some issues and it seems doesn't have scalate option to make more bigger icons, fonts and windows bars, I just found out to make more big the toolbar but besides that I can't find anything related, everything looks so tiny

#2 2024-07-13 06:26

aonine

Re: How to scalate desktop to 4k resolution?

I'm sorry I meant, how to scale the UI in high resolutions as 4k

#3 2024-07-13 09:07

seb3773

aonine wrote:

Did you try 'TDE screen scaler' ? It's available on Q4OS Welcome screen App, or by executing the command "screenscalerp.exu"

My Q4OS scripts: win10/osx theming, perfs optimisation, laptop configuration, ...  for trinity users -->  https://github.com/seb3773/q4osXpack

#4 2024-07-13 10:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

.. or Control panel > System administration > Screen scaling

#5 2024-07-14 04:11

aonine

seb3773 wrote:
aonine wrote:

Did you try 'TDE screen scaler' ? It's available on Q4OS Welcome screen App, or by executing the command "screenscalerp.exu"

Oh right now I'm using trinity just as desktop environment with a distro based on Archlinux and I was trying to now where I could found the screen scale in this DE, is there a way to install TDE screen scaler without installing Q4OS?

#6 2024-07-14 18:12

seb3773

aonine wrote:

is there a way to install TDE screen scaler without installing Q4OS?

I don't think so... This is a forum specific to Q4OS, not Trinity DE; Trinity is an integral part of q4os, and so there are specific configuration tools for it integrated in the system. Arch isn't based on Trinity, so no specific tools apart what Trinity DE provides...

If you really like Trinity DE, despite the fact Arch is indeed a very good distribution, I think q4os is the way to go. You'll get a pure debian (which is a damn good distro) base, Trinity DE+related tools and specific optimisations; profiles management, etc... I tried Arch some months, and it works well, but since I tried Q4os, no reasons to come back to Arch for me wink

My Q4OS scripts: win10/osx theming, perfs optimisation, laptop configuration, ...  for trinity users -->  https://github.com/seb3773/q4osXpack

#7 2024-07-14 20:30

aonine

seb3773 wrote:
aonine wrote:

is there a way to install TDE screen scaler without installing Q4OS?

I don't think so... This is a forum specific to Q4OS, not Trinity DE; Trinity is an integral part of q4os, and so there are specific configuration tools for it integrated in the system. Arch isn't based on Trinity, so no specific tools apart what Trinity DE provides...

If you really like Trinity DE, despite the fact Arch is indeed a very good distribution, I think q4os is the way to go. You'll get a pure debian (which is a damn good distro) base, Trinity DE+related tools and specific optimisations; profiles management, etc... I tried Arch some months, and it works well, but since I tried Q4os, no reasons to come back to Arch for me wink

I was testing it yesterday and I like it so much! but it could handle a high end system? I mean, won't it limit my computer's performance? It's a intel 13700k
Is it compatible with nvidia drivers?

#8 2024-07-14 22:05

seb3773

aonine wrote:

I was testing it yesterday and I like it so much! but it could handle a high end system? I mean, won't it limit my computer's performance? It's a intel 13700k
Is it compatible with nvidia drivers?

No problem to handle a high end system, it's debian after all, it will work flawlessly with your system specs, and of course it won't limit your computer's performance. (In fact, trinity is so low on ressources requirements that it will on the contrary gives you the full performance of your system for your applications)
I installed q4os trinity on my main desktop computer, which is an aging but still powerfull i7 8700 with 48Go ram & an nvidia rtx 2060, and it works very very well (I don't play games on this computer, but there's no problem with nvidia drivers. )

Last edited by seb3773 (2024-07-14 22:08)

#9 2024-07-16 11:47

Christopher633

you need to go into appearance settings, there you'll find options to change the size of icons and fonts. but unfortunately, you can't easily resize window bars.

also, check the options in "System Settings" -> "Appearance & Behavior" -> "Window Style" and "Desktop Style". there should be something to adjust there.

Best regands Christopher

Board footer