You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-10 05:53

bhk.kmp@gmail.com

making changes to calamares installer for my customised q4os setup

I want to copy my existing customised system of q4os to my other laptop.

I am going to use s4-snapshot to get my current setup as an iso, I have a bunch of apps installed.

Before doing so, I want to update calamares so that I dont have to go through the installer process when I do the install.

Questions
1) When I use s4-snapshot and reboot after burning the iso to a usb, will I get the normal calamares installer guis to do the installation?

2) I want to preset the answers for these things in calamares:
- desktop profile = Q4os Desktop
- install proprietary codecs
- swap = yes (not a file)
- encryption = true with my default or current password set
- user credentials and other values set on that screen with my default or current values
- location = default or current value
- not have the Q4os welcome screen launch on startup (as I have already used it)
- Also, I would like to add a custom message to myself in the installer start page like "Street knowledge rules the internet!"

3) I would also like to start all my normal applications on every boot, how can I do this?

4) Im not sure if you can answer this, I would like to load the whole os into ram when I boot as I have 16 GB ram.  I know there is a toram option in grub somewhere
               a) can you tell me how to set this for a hard drive install (exactly which file including path and what to put in the file and where)
               b) do you know if this will load the whole os into ram or just the kernel? 
                   If its just the kernel,
                   how can I load all of q4os,
                   not including the user type of apps,
                   into ram on start up

5) I checked my install size with a bunch of apps and it is around 35 GB
               a) I believe this is includes a 16 GB swap for 16 GB ram?
               b) how can i enable hibernate since I have 16 gb ram?   

6) I often reinstall my laptop from scratch just for fun, so
              a) I want the minimum amount of interaction to get it installed on my second laptop, ideally no work (as Im lazy) other than burning it to usb and rebooting - ideally with just the debian/q4OS splash screen shown while it copies.
              b) Ideally I dont want to be able to this offline with no internet connection, ie I dont care how big the iso is.

7) when I export my current setup wth s4, do I get the settings cutomsitions like mouse pointer size and speed changes, etc?

Thanks

Board footer