You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-05 03:26

jsowden

crash-screen saver

have received several crashes from the screen saver.  (shut down each time) added it could not send the report because the gdb? could not be found.

is this distro up to snuff?  I have received a lot of crashes, and still cannot decrypt my encrypted partition.  In my opinion, having written internal business applications since Dec, 1977, some of these errors should have been recognized prior to execution and the warned.

John

#2 2023-08-05 14:44

hchiper

Re: crash-screen saver

I am a very happy user of Q4OS 4.2. The worst I encounter is a system freeze from time to time, always when I'm using Firefox, which I suppose to be the cause (I was installing it from a .tar.bz2 downloaded from mozilla.org, but now I install it from the Software Center).
You complain about the screensaver; are you using Trinity desktop environment (TDE)?
From another thread you opened, I wonder if you restored data from a previous install, maybe a different Q4OS version, including old configuration files not suited to the version you are currently using.

To report an issue, it is important to give a number of informations on your system. You can find instructions here.

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

Board footer