You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-28 03:33

Severus

One annoyance, and one shortcut dilemma

How to get rid of touchpad "middle" button paste?
Left click in Konsole nothing happens, right click in Konsole you get the Konsole context menu, click both buttons simultaneously aka "in the bottom middle of the touchpad", and it pastes....do you know how easy it is to trigger this cursedd paste.  I must solve this.
Q4OS should disable this paste if it only detects a touchpad for mouse actions.

Also, I want to deassign lock session from control+alt+delete, but I cannot find it assigned anywhere in: settings:/Accessibility/
The reason, I want to assign said keyboard combo for ksysguard, but it complains that it is already assigned to lock session; nevertheless the assignment goes through, but triggering the combo initiates lock session.  How to fix?

#2 2020-05-28 09:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: One annoyance, and one shortcut dilemma

Severus wrote:

Also, I want to deassign lock session from control+alt+delete ...

Control panel > Regional and accessibility > Keyboard shortcuts

#3 2020-05-28 13:29

Severus

That is incorrect.  Notice, I say de-assign.  The problem is I can't find the assignment anywhere in:

Control panel > Regional and accessibility

including Keyboard Shortcuts

So naturally you think Control + alt + delete is not assigned to lock session, but when you edit a menu entry of ksysguard and try to change the shortcut to Control+Alt+Delete, it complains that it is assigned to lock session, yet this assignment cannot be located anywhere to be reassigned to something else so that I can use Control+Alt+Delete.

I solved the other problem as follows:

sudo apt install xinput

xinput list

Pay attention to the touchpad device ID
then

xinput set-button-map 11 1 0 3 4 5 6 7

where 11 is my touchpad device ID

#4 2020-05-28 14:45

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Severus wrote:

That is incorrect.  Notice, I say de-assign.   ...

We are pretty sure it's correct. You can de-assign the shortcut in the TDE control panel.

In more detail:
TDE Control panel > Regional and accessibility > Keyboard shortcuts > Global shortcuts tab > System > Desktop > Lock session

Board footer