You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-04 04:04

wove

More on Q4OS on the Pinebook Pro

I read the release notes for the latest Trinity Desktop release and they noted that the new release (14.0.8) included improvements for the Pinebook Pro which is really encouraging.

Just a couple more things to note regarding my use of the testing image for Q4OS on the Pinebook Pro.

Amarok does not create a collection from music files placed in /rock/Music. It spends hours saying it is creating one, but it never does.

If you try and shutdown while an application (Kwrite for sure) has an open document, Shutdown just stops and the system is hung requiring a hard shutdown.

If you select "restore session" from the Session Manager that is part of TDE components, the system will seem to do that, however the session will be non responsive, system tray items missing, main menu does not open. If you right click on the open application in the task bar and select quit the system will become useful again after all the applications have been shut down.

Kate is installed with the image, however it does not show up in the menu. It can be added using the menu editor.

I did finally figure out how to change the size window an application opens. I have not figured out how to set applications to run at start up although perhaps that would create the same problems as restore session does.

I am looking forward to a new build.
bill

#2 2020-05-04 20:02

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: More on Q4OS on the Pinebook Pro

Thanks for the report, we will take a look at all the issues mentioned, and possibly pass them to TDE developers, if we find them TDE bugs. We would like to release a PineBook Pro Q4OS build based on the latest TDE R14.0.8 version, we are now waiting for a stable Debian Buster for PB Pro release.

#3 2020-05-16 16:39

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: More on Q4OS on the Pinebook Pro

A new major testing release, image "q4os-3.11-pinebookpro.r1-testing1.zip", based on Debian Buster and Trinity R14.0.8 is now available for download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/q4os/files/testing/

Board footer