You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-14 00:22

wiko

Hi unable to mount ....

Hi Orion 1.6 dont read or "see" my digital camera HP CB350  and my mp3 player Eclipse 4gb then imposible to download or tranfers files from this to my laptop and reverse. Any suggestion? thanks!

#2 2016-10-14 09:29

Dai_trying

Re: Hi unable to mount ....

when you plug-in your device (either) does it show an icon in the system tray?

It could be like thisqX76Q48.png
Or like thisE4IZMcX.png

#3 2016-10-14 15:56

wiko

HI  no  nothing on system tray, this is the strange, i have several week reading  the usb flashdrive or pendrive ( with this no problem the icon (of an external memory)  turn on  fast (down),   but no with the HP Camera and the MP3 player ( maybe because are diferents or no have the driver installed  [the system cant detect this] i suppose. But i dont know really at this moment.

#4 2016-10-14 16:40

bin

For the camera, install mtp-tools and gphotofs:-

sudo apt-get install mtp-tools gphotofs

Reboot

If you connect the camera to the computer with a USB Cable then the camera should show a menu
"USB configuration" at the top and then gives two options: Disk Drive or USB Connection.

Try using both, I think Disk Drive should work. If you use a laptop then taking the card out of the camera and inserting in SD slot may be easier.

The MP3 player may be a problem as a quick search reveals other users have issues with mounting the Eclipse player in Linux. If it doesn't work after the above, then installing gmtp may help - it depends how the player actually allows connections.

Board footer