You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-28 06:29

travma

How to copy files from ntfs partition to _/drive_c ?

A) I install PlayOnLinux, wine thought Synaptic. How I can copy files inside /home/q4/.PlayOnLinux/winprefix/_/drive_c from an ntfs partition?

Is there an GUI method because I tend to forget all these terminal commands given out there.
My installation reside in a local partition with Full featured Desktop and I see the other 2 pre-existed ntfs partitions from Konqueror->Open Location->Open File Dialog Icon->Storage Media and I can save files in those ntfs partitions from KWrite.

B) When unmount an sda2 partition from Krusader->Useractions->unmount the rest of the system continue to show the unmounted partition inside Storage Media which produce errors like "[2023/09/28 07:40:37.942] TQSettings::sync: failed to open '/etc/tqt3/tqt_plugins_3.5rc.tmp' for writing
sudo: result=`umount: command not found" or "An error occurred while loading file:///dev/sdb:
The file or folder /dev/sdb does not exist." in Konqueror.
Why does not refresh the system the unmount action? Also the  Krusader->Useractions->mount command does not work and is cryptic. It asks for Filesystem Type, I suppose ntfs. Then it asks for Device. I suppose /dev/sda2/ then it asks for Mount Point. I suppose /dev/sdb or / but it produce an error "[2023/09/28 07:53:32.366] TQSettings::sync: failed to open '/etc/tqt3/tqt_plugins_3.5rc.tmp' for writing
Mount is denied because the NTFS volume is already exclusively opened.
The volume may be already mounted, or another software may use it which
could be identified for example by the help of the 'fuser' command."

C) /usr/sbin/tune2fs -l /dev/sda2
give me:
tune2fs 1.46.2 (28-Feb-2021)
/usr/sbin/tune2fs: Permission denied while trying to open /dev/sda2
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock.

D) Why backspace does not work in Firefox to go to a previous page? How to fix it?

#2 2023-09-28 17:53

tshafer

Re: How to copy files from ntfs partition to _/drive_c ?

Been there,,, done that....   
I booted up a simple Linux distro/demo from a USB flash drive. 
Now you can clearly see whats what on your system drive.   
I COPY'd what was to be saved to a second USB flash drive.

Note: USB flash drives are formatted FAT32.  Do not change.
Do not use any sort of 'backup' programs. 

Un-plug both USB drives and re-boot to Windows.
Copy the saved files to your Windows folders.

#3 2023-09-30 13:45

nightflier

Re: How to copy files from ntfs partition to _/drive_c ?

First the easy one: In the Firefox address bar, type "about:config". Click through the warning, then in the search field type "browser.backspace_action". When you find that, double-click on it and change the value to "0".

Your mount problem is trickier. The errors you mention can indicate a missing library, or a corrupted partition. It is hard to describe what you see in a GUI, that is why people often ask for command line output. The text output can be copied and pasted, and it is authoritative.

In a terminal, to see mounted drives, use command:
mount | grep '/dev/sd'

For file management, I find that Dolphin is easier to use than Krusader or Konqueror. It has a left pane with a list of all your storage locations and extensive right-click actions available.

Board footer