You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-07 19:30

SteveM

Error from iso file to USB

I downloaded q4os-3.15-x64.r1.iso to put on a USB. Using balenetcher to put it on the usb returns this error:

It looks like this is not a bootable image. The image does not appear to contain a partition table, and might not be recognized or bootable by your device.

Is this normal?

#2 2021-08-07 19:38

altPOCA

Re: Error from iso file to USB

SteveM wrote:

I downloaded q4os-3.15-x64.r1.iso to put on a USB. Using balenetcher to put it on the usb returns this error:

It looks like this is not a bootable image. The image does not appear to contain a partition table, and might not be recognized or bootable by your device.

Is this normal?

Just use Rufus. If you are not on Windows, just dd the iso to the usb. Warning: data will be destroyed, you already know it anyway. Draw back is you can't use all the space of your usb. I recommend ddrescue over dd.

Syntax: ddrescue -D -f image.iso /dev/sdX

sdX is your usb

This balenetcher has never worked work me. BTW, when I found it's written in Electron I dropped it immediately. You think who would use Electron for such a type of app? The quality of the app will be shite anyway. You just confirmed I was right.

Note: use app based on qt or at least gtk, these people developed using them at least serious enough to have their app works right.

Best regards.

#3 2021-08-07 21:07

SteveM

Thank you.

Rufus isn't an option for me. I am doing this with Linux mint xfce. I have another copy of balenetcher on a different desktop. Anyway, Q40s is installed on my old desktop and just loading up on software and KDE Plasma.

Regards,
Steve

#4 2021-08-08 15:45

Midas

altPOCA wrote:

When I found it's written in Electron I dropped it immediately. You think who would use Electron for such a type of app? The quality of the app will be shite anyway.

As options in a field of particular personal interest, I'm forced to agree with you on this.

Judging from Windows alone, it's amazing how a 80MB+ complete web vm can be so hopelessly lacking in the face of a roughly 1MB specialized application like Rufus. yikes

Last edited by Midas (2021-08-08 15:45)

Board footer