You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-13 13:23

mechanic

Printing from virtualbox - SOLVED

I have q4os installed in a virtualmachine, trying to print to an HP Laserjet connected by USB to a Windows host.
All the HP stuff recommended in the Q4os docs is installed and the HPlip app installs ok and runs, but can't see the printer. I have another Debian vm running that prints to this printer ok so the basic connection is there. If I go through the CUPS 'install a printer' page and run the test page, I get this message:

"The page you are trying to view is the result of posted form data. If you resend the data, any action the form carried out (such as search or online purchase) will be repeated. "

-which hardly seems relevant.

I'm missing something here but what?

Last edited by mechanic (2021-03-13 16:08)

#2 2021-03-13 14:10

mechanic

Re: Printing from virtualbox - SOLVED

(can't see an option to edit the original post, or to mark the subject SOLVED)

The problem seems to be solved - one lesson is to remember to read *all* the error messages carefully, even those in very small print!

This was a VirtualBox issue, in that the Q4OS machine couldn't capture the printer USB connection. The Debian vm I started up to check its settings was still running, I hadn't switched it off.  When I stopped that one and rebooted the Q4OS one, all was well and the HP system was able to complete the printer installation.

#3 2021-03-13 15:38

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Printing from virtualbox - SOLVED

You can edit the original post and update topic subject. Thanks for posting the result.

Board footer