You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-13 04:38

jarce2000

Q4OS goes into hibernation every minute

I got Q4OS installed in a Acer Aspire One D150 netbook with 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, but it goes into hibernation every minute, so it is unusable in fact.
Originally it was running Windows XP OEM, then was updated to Windows 7, then to Windows 10 (but it was really slow even after running JetBoost), then I tried to install Lubuntu 18.3 without success, it aborted installation after showing a message that the system was set to run in EFI mode, Then i tried to install Peppermint OS, but while installing the netbook went into hybernation every minute, as it does now, so I installed Q4OS successfully but it still goes into hybernation every minute, so every minute I have to push the space bar to wake it up.
This flaw does not happen when I run Puppy Linux 8.0 (Bionic Beaver) from a SD card from the built in card reader. My goal is to run MS Teams from a web browser but It failed because the microphone is not recognized by MS Teams.

Any suggestion to fix this flaw other than running Q4OS from a SD card or change web browser, in order to run MS Teams properly, is really welcome.

Regards

Jorge Arce
Ph.D. in Minor Geek Computing

#2 2021-03-13 09:51

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Q4OS goes into hibernation every minute

You likely encountered this bug https://sourceforge.net/p/q4os/tickets/76/ , a workaround is suggested under the bugreport. You are welcome to make a comment at the bugreport as well.

Board footer