You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-28 11:36

vmakela

XPQ4 disables wifi

Hi!

I'm reviving an old fujitsu-siemens amilo laptop (used to run with XP). I installed the Q4OS, and have been using it for couple of days. Works beautifully! Then I found the XPQ4 desktop theme and installed the full version. Chose the XP Classic theme, and used it for awhile. After rebooting wifi doesn't work anymore. It still finds the connection, but refuse to connect.

sudo rfkill list -commands says: wireless LAN, hard block: yes

Laptop has wifi button in it, but nothing happens when pushing it. I did Q4OS fresh install, and everything works again. But how can I make wifi work with Windows XP Theme?

Thanks.

#2 2020-11-28 13:47

bin

Re: XPQ4 disables wifi

This sounds very odd - after all it's just a set of icons and styles.

Did you actually try to use rfkill to unblock the wifi?

sudo rfkill unblock wifi (or whatever it is identified as in rfkill list -all)

What can also work is to click on the TDE Network manager icon and go up to Wireless, disable and then enable I found this worked on an old HP I used to use with TDE. However I do recall with that machine that once the Hardware switch got set I had to re-set the BIOS to clear it. However that was because it had a combined Bluetooth and Wifi card.

#3 2020-12-08 14:34

vmakela

I set the BIOS settings to default, and everything started to work. I've been playing with this for a week now and wifi has worked fine.

Problem solved!

#4 2020-12-09 06:24

bin

smile

Board footer