You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-29 08:19

larrystotler

Backlight issue on HP Stream 11 2020

Greetings.

I just installed q4os on an HP Stream 11 2020 vintage(Celeron 4020).  After trying to get Slackware v15 and openSUSE v15.2 working(could get it installed but wouldn't directly boot either) I tried this and it installed and boots properly.  Awesome!

Anyway, I've managed to get the system configured.  I installed TrinityDE(Started with S.u.S.E. v5.3 and KDE1 - despise KDE 4+ & Plasma) and got it configured.  Everything seems to be working well, it's fairly speedy and should serve me well for an on the go machine(been using a Thinkpad X61 Tablet).  The keyboard isn't as nice as the Thinkpad, but the battery life is pretty good.  Well it was free so can't beat it.

I have noticed an issue where the backlight goes out and it usually wont recover.  If it does recover it goes out again.  I've had to shut it down 3 times so far over the last 2 days.  I'd modified some settings in TDEpowersave to disable turning off the display and will see if that helps.  However, the weird thing is that when it goes out, the machine will not suspend.  Never seen that happen before.  I've had laptops that if the backlight went out it would suspend and then recover on resume but that doesn't work for this. 

Anybody seen anything similar?

Thanx

#2 2023-09-30 13:03

nightflier

Re: Backlight issue on HP Stream 11 2020

That sounds like a hardware issue. Try booting some other live distro and see if it happens in a live session.

Board footer