You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-08 18:19

guilhermefr

Issue with LXQt DE installed through Desktop profiler

I have just installed LXQt Desktop Environment using the Q4OS 5.2 Aquarius Desktop Profiler and configured everything to my liking.

But there is still one issue unresolved: the mouse cursor theme I chose gets only applied when the cursor is hovering inside an application (browser, terminal, etc). As soon as I hover the mouse to the window title area (or when the mouse is hovering in "system" areas like the task manager, the desktop, the system start menu) another "default" mouse cursor theme is applied.

I have applied my desired mouse cursor theme under both Preferences > LXQt Settings > Appearance > Cursors. The same configuration can be seen through Preferences > LXQt Settings > LXQt Configuration Center > Keyboard and Mouse Settings > Cursor as well as under Preferences > LXQt Settings > LXQt Configuration Center > Customize Look and Feel > Mouse Cursor.

I have checked the configuration files in

~/.gtkrc-lxqt-q4os
~/.gtkrc-2.0
~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
~/.config/gtk-4.0/settings.ini

and all of them have the same gtk-cursor-theme-name variable value (the mouse cursor theme I chose).

So I don't really know why/how LXQt is not applying the correct mouse cursor theme is specific system areas, as explained above.

Has anyone using LXQt DE experienced the same kind of issue? Can someone else give any piece of advice or how I should troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you in advance for any help!

#2 2023-09-08 18:57

guilhermefr

Re: Issue with LXQt DE installed through Desktop profiler

Ok, no more help here needed... I found the issue.

There was another config file within path ~/.configtde/gtk-3.0/settings.ini which also had the gtk-cursor-theme-name variable defined... And it was apparently taking the lead among the other configuration files cited in my first message.

As soon as I deleted the folder, the issue was gone.

#3 2023-09-08 19:29

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Thanks for sharing the solution, we will take a look for fix.

#4 2023-09-08 22:57

guilhermefr

I think I was too fast by saying it was solved... Because the issue is back, and this time I cannot find any config file where gtk-cursor-theme-name is set to KDE_Classic (which is the mouse cursor theme name that is used in "system" areas - like system menu, desktop...).

I will keep on trying to find a solution, but it would be great if anyone has some insight/ideas for troubleshooting.

#5 2023-09-09 13:35

guilhermefr

In the end I found out that the issue was related to some 3-4 mouse cursor themes I had installed... The others didn't reproduce the same kind of error when applied.

So there is nothing wrong with Q4OS Desktop Profiler / LXQt here.

#6 2023-09-09 13:40

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Thanks for the info, you are welcome to report here in case of any issues.

Board footer