You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-09 20:03

Q5OS

Username is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported

Hello, I tried to install a .deb-pocket from my download-file. I used the terminal. I was in my user account, not in my root account. First I tried with sudo apt install... but I get the error message above (Username is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported). Now I tried with "su" and with "su root". The system ask for my password. I tried with my useraccount password and later with my root password several times --> authentication error. Could someone help me? How to install a .deb-pocket from my Download-file, in the case that I am in the user account not in my root account? Thanks for helping ;-)

#2 2021-08-09 22:16

Q5OS

Re: Username is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported

Sorry: download folder (not download file).

#3 2021-08-10 00:55

Tolkem

You probably need to edit /etc/sudoers and add yourself to it. The problem is, according to what you said, you can't do it now from within the desktop. To do that, follow this:
1. Reboot your machine, and as soon as it starts booting, press the shift key. You should see this.
edit-grub.png
2. In that screen, press e to edit boot options, and you get get here
addparms.png
3. Scroll down,  and right after where it reads status=1 add the following

rw init=/bin/bash

so it looks like this
init.png
4. Press Ctrl + x to save the changes and boot to a console as root. Then type

nano /etc/sudoers

editsudoers1.png
5. Edit the file, and add yourself to it
editsudoers3.png
6. Once you're finished, press Ctrl + o and hit Enter to save your changes. Then press Ctrl + x to close nano. Back in the console type

sync

and press Enter, then type

reboot -f

and press Enter to reboot the system.
editsudoers4.png
At this point, Q4OS should start
grub7.png
Once in the desktop, launch konsole, and try to install the .deb package again with

sudo apt install ./pkg_name.deb

Hope this helps! smile

#4 2021-08-11 09:58

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

You may only need to add your user account to the "sudo" group. Login as the first user and run in terminal:
$ sudo usermod -a -G sudo <user_account>

#5 2021-08-11 18:47

Tolkem

q4osteam wrote:

You may only need to add your user account to the "sudo" group. Login as the first user and run in terminal:
$ sudo usermod -a -G sudo <user_account>

Problem is, unless I'm missing something here, that he doesn't seem to be able to use sudo. Otherwise, he could edit the sudoers file without having to boot to a root console the way I suggested. Which is weird, I don't even get asked for a password when installing, updating and upgrading software in Q4OS. I didn't do anything, it's been like that from the beginning. I just assumed that was the default Q4OS' behavior, isn't it?. I do get asked for a password for things like `apt clean or apt --fix

Last edited by Tolkem (2021-08-11 18:48)

#6 2021-08-12 11:06

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Tolkem wrote:

Problem is, unless I'm missing something here, that he doesn't seem to be able to use sudo

Q4OS installation always includes the first user in sudo group. If not so, something went really wrong, and it's an another issue.

#7 2021-08-15 19:38

altPOCA

Why not just simple su to root first then use visudo? Why have to go too many complicated but unneeded steps?

Board footer