You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-10 13:27

bin

Setting konqueror to highlight downloaded file - is it possible?

Using Firefox and Thunar in XFCE, if I download a file then go to the download indicator I can click on a folder icon - Open Containing Folder. It opens the folder but more crucially it highlights the file as well.

In TDE although it will open the containing folder in Konqueror from Firefox I have not been able to work out how it highlights the file.

I have looked at some options in Mime Associations but I don't think it's the right track unless there as addition to inode that I need to make.

Any thoughts anyone?

#2 2020-12-11 15:27

Tolkem

Re: Setting konqueror to highlight downloaded file - is it possible?

bin wrote:

Using Firefox and Thunar in XFCE, if I download a file then go to the download indicator I can click on a folder icon - Open Containing Folder. It opens the folder but more crucially it highlights the file as well.

In TDE although it will open the containing folder in Konqueror from Firefox I have not been able to work out how it highlights the file.

I have looked at some options in Mime Associations but I don't think it's the right track unless there as addition to inode that I need to make.

Any thoughts anyone?

I don't really use konqueror or TDE since I find dolphin and KDE better to my taste, however, as a workaround you can set the view mode to detailed and make it to show files by last modified order, so when it opens, the file you just downloaded it's at the top. FWIW, dolphin does highlight downloaded files when click on open folder from chromium, in KDE.
Hope this helps! smile

EDIT: Out of curiosity I just open konqueror and have a look at its main preferences/settings, there's nothing there but in view menu, there is something; click on that and then click on additional information or some similar wording(my system's in Spanish) select others and check downloaded from not sure if that will have the desired effect but it might be worth a try. The option is in sort by menu as well. You can try that (unless you have already) and see it that works.

Last edited by Tolkem (2020-12-11 15:41)

#3 2020-12-12 06:32

bin

Re: Setting konqueror to highlight downloaded file - is it possible?

Thanks for your thoughts, but sadly nothing there that makes a difference. In XFCE it does rely on some extra code from Thunar so it was always a bit of a long shot smile

Board footer