You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-28 12:10

hornetster

Default applications

Newby to Q4OS, but longtime Linux user...
Just wondering if there is any (easy?) way to setup different applications as default?
EG Chromium as browser, different music player, etc.
Thanks,
   John.

#2 2020-04-28 13:22

Tolkem

Re: Default applications

hornetster wrote:

Newby to Q4OS, but longtime Linux user...
Just wondering if there is any (easy?) way to setup different applications as default?
EG Chromium as browser, different music player, etc.
Thanks,
   John.

FWIW, When I installed Q4OS KDE I chose the pure/default setup which installed just a few apps; konsole, dolphin, konqueror, systemsettings, ksysguard and a couple more then I installed the rest according to my needs, I guess it should be quite similar for TDE. If you're using the KDE version, open System Settings and in the search bar type default, then select Applications when it appears and set your apps. If you're on the TDE version, click on Control Panel >> TDE components >> Default Applications and set your custom apps.

Hope this helps! smile

Last edited by Tolkem (2020-04-28 13:38)

#3 2020-05-01 07:17

hornetster

Re: Default applications

Tolkem wrote:

stalled the rest according to my needs, I guess it should be quite similar for TDE. If you're using the KDE version, open System Settings and in the search bar type default, then select Applications when it appears and set your apps. If you're on the TDE version, click on Control Panel >> TDE components >> Default Applications and set your custom apps.

Hope this helps! smile

Yep, thanks,
That'll do it!

Board footer