You are not logged in.

#26 2024-05-17 06:39

bin

Re: Issue to finish Aquarius 5.4-i386-instcd.r1.iso installation.

As far as I can tell this machine should run with 64 bit Q4OS. I have an older Acer 6930G which is very happy with it - though it does support 4gb RAM rather than the 2gb for your 5715Z. Memory use is still only around 450mb so you would still have enough headroom if you're careful.
Might I suggest you check to make sure your memory chip is seated properly, likewise the hard drive connector.
Over the years I have always found installing the 'Live' version to be the most versatile and then just adding what i need/want afterwards. It is also the 'cleanest' in as much as it adds nothing to the version that you see when booting from the live media.

#27 2024-05-17 10:04

MFR

Hi,
I already tried LXQt desktop enviroment following your guidelines.
I tried to run "Desktop Profiler" from lxqt enviroment but the issue of successive black screens and redirection to the login screen still persists.
The only way to work anything is in console without GUI.....
Regards.

#28 2024-05-17 10:12

MFR

Oh, bin!

I didn´t realize of your comments when I wrote my last post.
Ok!
Thank you so much for your help about this.

#29 2024-05-20 13:07

MFR

I tried again LXQt desktop environment to see what happens:
$ sudo apt install q4os-desktop-lxqt sddm
Reboot using $ sudo systemctl start sddm
and this conducted me to Plasma desktop environment, login in this enviroment (the only possible one that was offered to me) and run desktop profiler from it.
After a little while, again the  screen it turned black several times and the message:
"Xwayland crash" (Please see file attached) in KWin Window Manager.
Please let me know:
Does this message in the KWin Window Manager offer any new information leading to solving my problem (successive black screens and redirection to the Login screen)? or
rather I should proceed with what is recommended by member "bin": run with 64 bit Q4OS?
I already verified that the memory chip was placed correctly, and also that the hard drive connector was ok.
Thanks!

#30 2024-05-20 13:13

MFR

I tried again LXQt desktop environment to see what happens:
$ sudo apt install q4os-desktop-lxqt sddm
Reboot using $ sudo systemctl start sddm
and this conducted me to Plasma desktop environment, login in this enviroment (the only possible one that was offered to me) and run desktop profiler from it.
After a little while, again the  screen it turned black several times and the message:
"Xwayland crash" (Please see file attached) in KWin Window Manager.
Please let me know:
Does this message in the KWin Window Manager offer any new information leading to solving my problem (successive black screens and redirection to the Login screen)? or
rather I should proceed with what is recommended by member "bin": run with 64 bit Q4OS?
I already verified that the memory chip was placed correctly, and also that the hard drive connector was ok.
Thanks!

Attachments:
pdf Xwayland crash.pdf, Size: 66.62 KiB, Downloads: 114

#31 2024-05-22 09:48

MFR

Hello everyone,
I proceeded with the kind recommendation made by friend "bin" running with 64 bit Q4OS, installing the 'Live' version. It has been successful this time (not producing the repeated black screens and redirecting me to the login screen).
Desktop Profiler loaded without problems and so far I have also loaded Firefox and the Private Codes without any problem.
I continue customizing the system for my daily operation and I should have no major problems.
Many thanks to "bin" for his valuable recommendation and very grateful also for the help and patience of all of you at Q4OS Support.
Thanks a lot!
Regards,

Martín

Board footer