You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-29 08:55

bobby
Website

Should Debian 8 Jessie repository "LAMP" terminal install work okay ?

I failed at trying to compile simplescreenrecorder via Q4OS terminal (not a pro yet - not sure if operator error).

I ask for some guidance on this LAMP install before doing as I do not want to break my current install if at all possible.

---> ?? Using Debian 8 Jessie repositories, will "LAMP" terminal install work okay on Q4OS ?

What I plan on using - this procedure: https://www.linode.com/docs/websites/la … n-8-jessie

Thanks,

Bobby

No Longer Using Q4OS

#2 2015-12-29 11:59

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Should Debian 8 Jessie repository "LAMP" terminal install work okay ?

It should work okay, as it seems to be pure Debian Jessie stuff.

We have created simplescreenrecorder installer, download here http://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=683#p683

#3 2016-11-09 02:39

JimW

Bobby -
I know this thread is a "few" days old, but did you ever get a script to install lamp?

#4 2016-11-19 04:15

JimW

<Deleted> Double post!

Last edited by JimW (2016-11-19 16:24)

#5 2016-11-19 04:19

JimW

(Note to moderators: Maybe this should be moved to General or Off Topic?)

Ok, just in case someone else wants to try this. I followed the instructions at the link Bobby gave and it worked out fine.

I have an old Dell Latitude laptop and finally got a wireless pcmcia card for it. Installing LAMP was pretty straight forward with no problems.

I also installed Word Press and Webmin. Again, just followed the instructions with each and had no problems. This is for my local lan, and I use it for storing audio files as well as some snapshots taken from my game cameras. The link/computer does not work well for video's but can be used for that if I want. Just have to be patient and download the video to the tablet or other computer I'm using. I do have a free dns that allows family to access the laptop, if they want. But the upload makes videos almost unusable.

By using Webmin I can put the laptop in an out of the way place and access the system from my desktop.

Attached is a picture of my desktop computer accessing the WP webpage.

So, if anyone had been thinking of doing something similar then I would say to go for it!

Last edited by JimW (2016-11-19 04:22)

Attachments:
png Desktop 1_008a.png, Size: 104.65 KiB, Downloads: 801

#6 2016-11-19 11:08

Dai_trying

I just wanted to say If you followed the install guide from bobby's original link you will probably have installed MySql, while this is usual (or was in the past) I have read that MariaDb should probably be used as it is basically a fork of MySql but with better development. I don't think it will make a lot of difference to the server until such time as the development work has a bigger impact (speed, reliability). I have been using it for probably about a year now and it is a "slot-in" replacement and even uses the same commands to start/stop and use.
Like I say It's not going to make the ground tremble, but it will (so I have read) be more secure, faster, and any fixes are produced with a greater sense of urgency.

#7 2016-11-19 16:27

JimW

Yes Dai, I did install MySql. I had not heard of MariaDb and probably would not have used it at this time. I am familiar with MySql, having used it in the past, and since I was experimenting with an older, slower computer and Q4OS I would have wanted to stay on familiar ground.
However, I will keep it in mind in case I want to try it in the future.
Thanks!

#8 2016-11-19 16:34

Dai_trying

No problem JimW, I only mentioned it because my understanding is that MySql has been one of the reasons for many security issues that are being addressed by the MariaDb devs (and they include some of the old MySql devs too), and the commands and syntax are identical, meaning you do not even know you are not using MySql.

This posting might be worth a read.

Last edited by Dai_trying (2016-11-19 16:40)

#9 2019-01-08 12:16

vijaydeveloper

Simple just follow the below-given steps:
Step 1 — Updating the System
Step 2 — Installing Apache and Updating the Firewall
Step 3 — Installing and Securing MySQL
Step 4 — Installing PHP

I enjoy meeting new people and finding ways to help them have an uplifting experience.

Board footer