You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-26 16:34

panosdk

xkb problem and problem with mounting partitions

First i want to say thanks. This os is a god sent gift for older hardware.

I followed this http://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=47 since i want to change keyboard layouts with alt+shift.
I changed the Switch to Next Keyboard Layout=Alt+Ctrl+K;Alt+Shift and unchecked enable xkb options for the contro panel. When i log in again only the alt+ctrl+K works.

My second problem is that i cannot access a disk partition as a normal user. I have 2 disks.One with windows and the other is q4os and a partition with data. The only way to access that partition is by mounting it as root. I can access the windows disk with no problem at all.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2015-12-26 17:53

MC

Re: xkb problem and problem with mounting partitions

panosdk wrote:

My second problem is that i cannot access a disk partition as a normal user. I have 2 disks.One with windows and the other is q4os and a partition with data. The only way to access that partition is by mounting it as root. I can access the windows disk with no problem at all.

Hi panosdk. How is this partition formatted?

I have an NTFS partition and installed disk-manager, and afterward, it auto-mounts and I have full access from boot-up.

Last edited by MC (2015-12-26 17:56)

Q4OS running Xfce

#3 2015-12-26 23:18

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: xkb problem and problem with mounting partitions

Unfortunately it's not possible to use 'Alt+Shift' combination in TDE, we would recommend for example 'Alt+Space'. Beware of the conflict with another keyboard shortcuts.

Which way exactly do you try to access partition with data ?

Board footer