You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-25 12:18

Seeker

How to get Slimjet Browser for Q4OS

Lately I've bored of Chrome & Chromium & I've start to stick with Slimjet instead
& I'm happy with download jobs & youtube video downloader. FlashPeak Team
has done many homeworks about enchanced Chromium based browsers.

https://youtu.be/83ENUjIESVE
Although the vdo length 16 mins that because of my description nothing to do with real installation times.
Also I've made a review about how to use slimjet downloader & how to delete those unneccessary sponsors bookmarks.

What's better than Chromium
- Built-in Download faster with Turbocharge download manager on Slimjet
  I've tested download Slimjet installer from their website on Chrome 174kb/secs on Slimjet 1.2MB/secs
  This also decrease my tutorial decription time while download in future tutorials as well.
- Built-in Flashpepper as Chrome
- Update than Chromium in Debian & Ubuntu repositories.
- Built-in Youtube Downloader
- Active than Maxthon, I declared.

PS. I'm may still green, clumsy & slow on screencasting skils so don't be too harsh on me.
       I'm sincerely contribute Q4OS.

Last edited by Seeker (2015-12-25 12:19)

#2 2015-12-26 02:20

Seeker

Re: How to get Slimjet Browser for Q4OS

crosscourt wrote:

Slimjet is very nice as I was recommending it to Captnoise I believe in another thread. Some users have had some issues with Slimjet but Ive been using it for quite awhile as PCLinuxOS offers it in their repos.

I'll help them contribute their projects too about reports bugs.

The only 1 things that I don't like about their SJ is:
Their homepage bookmarks these might annoy some anti- amazon ads users like what happen on Ubuntu Unity.
That's the only obstacle to promote

Overall I'm satisfied with it especially the download speed & youtube downloader.
I don't need to install Uget anymore. However I'll add tutorial if anyone still need Uget tutorials. big_smile

Board footer