You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-13 14:26

CaptNoize
Website

Older Computer Issues

With Q4OS, I've encountered one glitch with installing/updating programs. Prior 2004 CPU's don't have SSE2 directions in them. Consequencually,  I couldn't download Google Chrome,and recently,update FireFox Flash Player. It doesn't seem to effect performance. Is there any way around this,..? Or is it just a case of old hardware...?

#2 2015-12-13 14:34

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Older Computer Issues

Chrome will not work on systems without SSE2 instructions. Flashplayer should be install-able, but may not work correctly, in any case you can use Firefox or Iceweasel browser.

#3 2015-12-13 14:45

CaptNoize
Website

Tried installing by using terminal. It only installed so far,then removed package,saying flash player upgrade "not supported". Firefox seems to still be playing media. Some YouTube videos won't play,however. Didn't try to play them with VLC Player.

#4 2015-12-16 04:55

CaptNoize
Website

I still think that Microflop has the "fix" in with certain companies to make sure their product line takes precedent over Linux. But,that's OK...there are plenty of brilliant and clever minds that can figure ways around it. Just give it time....look how far Linux has come in just a few short years with all their different distros. Installing a new OS, I kinda figured it wasn't going to have the same features that XP had,...BUT...the price was right...! What can anyone expect when it's free..???! I think at this early stage of Q4,it's doing incredibly well. Imagine what version 2.0 will have...! Stay Tuned....
Good Work...Q4 Team you people ROCK...!   :-)

Board footer