You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-24 22:37

BrJPedro
Website

Q4OS 3.8 Live ISO doesn't boot correctly

The system itself can boot successfully, but only in the second mode ("something-fail" mode, I don't remember now) that boots directly to the terminal.

In the first option (the "Live" one, without "fail"), after the logs in the boot, nothing appears. Just a blank black screen.

I think that there's a problem with the graphical server (X? TDE? The login screen?)

In the "fail" mode (second option), the terminal boots normal.

I never had this problem while I was using the older Q4OS TDE ISOs. This is the first time that this happened.

---

I've tried to press Ctrl+Alt+F1-F12, but nothing appears. It's like the system hangs, or the graphical server hangs up. I can't boot even into terminal if I try to use the first boot option in the ISO.

Last edited by BrJPedro (2019-09-24 22:47)

João Pedro -o- @12h01

#2 2019-09-25 09:09

Dai_trying

Re: Q4OS 3.8 Live ISO doesn't boot correctly

Are you using the TDE or Plasma live-cd?
And what is the machine spec? (make/model or cpu/gpu/memory)

#3 2019-10-06 08:33

BrJPedro
Website

Re: Q4OS 3.8 Live ISO doesn't boot correctly

TDE live-cd

Intel Celeron CPU N3060 @ Dual Core 1.6 GHz / 4Gb / Onboard GPU

---

After I had these problems, I thought that the problem maybe with the 'pendrive' or the ISO that I was using. (I didn't checked the MD5sum to see if it was ok, etc...)

So I got another pendrive, downloaded the other ISO (the not-live one, the Install ISO) and installed Q4OS using that. Everything was fine in the installer... but when I reboot, and chose Q4OS, I  had the same problem that I had before... The system simply hangs in the time that it should load the login screen... even the mouse pointer doesn't show...

---

As I couldn't stay without using my laptop, I had to install Windows 10 in it ('cause was the only ISO that I had stored offline in that day, and I couldn't use the laptop to download another option (like Q4OS 2.7))

Last edited by BrJPedro (2019-10-06 08:39)

João Pedro -o- @12h01

Board footer