You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-16 23:22

SandStorm

Orion vs Scorpion

What are the main differences from these releases? (Orion vs Scorpion)
Actually, i noticed the older Orion seems to work better on my eeePC 701, related to the sound selection action keys.
While on orion they go up and down flawlessly, on scorpion they only change a little. (so i need to click on the icon and move the volume level manually, even if i set in the option as intel hda something on it)

Other question a bit unrelated, because I don't want to create too many topics... is there any easy way to install debian packages? just like, click and go?

#2 2018-04-17 08:33

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Orion vs Scorpion

SandStorm wrote:

What are the main differences from these releases? (Orion vs Scorpion)

While Q4OS Orion is based on older Debian 8 Jessie, Scorpion is based on the recent Debian 9 Stretch version.

SandStorm wrote:

... is there any easy way to install debian packages? just like, click and go?

Yes, you can install and use 'Synaptic' package manager. It's available from the Q4OS Software center or command line:
$ sudo apt install synaptic

#3 2018-05-15 20:13

Rademes

Re: Orion vs Scorpion

"Synaptic" is the best package manager available, also some applications you can install using "Q4OS Software Centre". Also, if the application exists in Q4OS Software Centre, the best way is install application from there.

Before asking for help please read this topic: https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3502   If you have problems with WiFi network, try to install the Network Manager using Q4OS Software Centre.

Board footer