You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-06 20:49

cpcnw
Website

Revert fonts back to default AA setting! - FIXED

Hi,

It wasn't until I loaded KMail that I was quite happy with the default fonts setup in Q4OS
- but KMail was somehow a little 'scratchy'

I actually like 'sharp fonts' and as I say was happy until KMail

Now I have messed with font settings I can't seem to put them back. Even though the setting
in control panel is back to what it was before I messed with it I am certain I am stuck with Hint
Slight.

Any advice to get me back to before I messed about?

Thanks!

Last edited by cpcnw (2016-03-06 21:17)

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

#2 2016-03-06 20:55

Dai_trying

Re: Revert fonts back to default AA setting! - FIXED

You could try this http://www.q4os.org/dqa011.html#desktop.4 although it will reset everything on your desktop to how it was when you installed.

#3 2016-03-06 21:17

cpcnw
Website

Re: Revert fonts back to default AA setting! - FIXED

Funnily enough I went to KMail following using Thunderbird. Even with several add-ons I cannot arrive at UI settings I am happy with in Thunderbird.

However this was about font settings. I resolved it by just changing themes, then changing back again. I guess Dai's suggestion would have done the same.

If I am honest the only part of KMail that was bugging be was the top menu bar and some of the drop down menus.

But then I found something out partly by accident...

If I move KMail to another part of my screen the font on the top menu bar is perfect?

So, I just spent 5 mins messing with the settings on my BenQ monitor and have done a reset.

Now its perfect anywhere on screen!

Last edited by cpcnw (2016-03-06 21:18)

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Board footer