You are not logged in.

#26 2020-12-09 00:22

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Problems with grub boot table

Well, we will try to reproduce the issue you described, however we need to know:
- Does your laptop utilize:
  - Secure boot UEFI
  - UEFI without secure boot
  - Legacy BIOS firmware
?

.. and what is the size of loop disk for Q4OS ?

Last edited by q4osteam (2020-12-09 00:24)

#27 2020-12-09 01:45

Tirso Medina

q4osteam wrote:

Well, we will try to reproduce the issue you described, however we need to know:
- Does your laptop utilize:
  - Secure boot UEFI
  - UEFI without secure boot
  - Legacy BIOS firmware
?

.. and what is the size of loop disk for Q4OS ?

Use UEFI without Secure Boot. And the size of the loop disk for Q4OS is 22 gigs.

#28 2020-12-09 09:52

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Q4OS for Windows setup doesn't use regular Linux booting sequence, as it's not able to mount the loop image file upon grub initialization properly. For that reason, the grub searches for kernel on the fly as it cannot read the grub.cfg file directly. It's a limitation of this setup type, so you cannot choose the kernel upon the grub boot phase. The only solution is to manually redirect symbolic links "/vmlinuz" and "/initrd.img" to point the desired installed kernel to, so it will be used at the next boot.

#29 2020-12-09 22:14

Tirso Medina

q4osteam wrote:

Q4OS for Windows setup doesn't use regular Linux booting sequence, as it's not able to mount the loop image file upon grub initialization properly. For that reason, the grub searches for kernel on the fly as it cannot read the grub.cfg file directly. It's a limitation of this setup type, so you cannot choose the kernel upon the grub boot phase. The only solution is to manually redirect symbolic links "/vmlinuz" and "/initrd.img" to point the desired installed kernel to, so it will be used at the next boot.

Thank you very much for giving me your time and your knowledge, right now I am going to try another kernel to see how it works. I can only make one last request. Post the problem I have with the use of USB 3.0 in Q4OS, until now no one has given me any kind of answer .... I have looked for information in other forums on the internet but I can't find a way to fix this problem. Do you have any advice that you can give me ????

Board footer