You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-07 16:54

Tolkem

(SOLVED) Turn off display when lid is closed.

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! smile

I've been trying Q4OS Centaurus 3.9  for the past few days and so far so good, however, I'm facing this situation where I'd like that when lid is closed the display/screen turns off and the system keeps running, instead system suspends. Is there a way to achieve that? In XFCE you can select "turn off display when lid is closed" and the system keeps running so when you open the lid system's ready for work as oppose what I'm dealing with. I've looked in tdepowersave but there's no such an option or any of the sort. Any help/advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your answers! smile

Last edited by Tolkem (2020-01-30 23:24)

#2 2019-10-08 07:28

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: (SOLVED) Turn off display when lid is closed.

System global configuration:
Add to the "/etc/systemd/logind.conf" file:

HandleLidSwitch=suspend

Trinity specific:
Run the tdepowersave configuration dialog > General settings > Lid close button > Suspend to RAM

#3 2020-01-30 23:23

Tolkem

q4osteam wrote:

HandleLidSwitch=suspend

Trinity specific:
Run the tdepowersave configuration dialog > General settings > Lid close button > Suspend to RAM

Thank you for your answer! And sorry for the very late, late reply. Unfortunately, none of your suggestions woked. I installed Q4OS KDE and this one does what I want; turn off the screen - not suspend neither hibernate - when the notebook lid is closed. Just had to check the box in systemsettings >> powersave smile

#4 2020-08-25 20:56

allen04084

q4osteam wrote:

HandleLidSwitch=suspend

Trinity specific:

So I can't find any TDEpowersave settings - where is this configuration dialog you speak of?

#5 2020-08-25 21:08

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

You need to use Trinity desktop and have "tdepowersave-trinity" package installed. You will find powersave applet in the system tray, just right mouse click > configure ...

Board footer