You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-10 09:06

esutton

right click mouse on desktop

1)right click mouse on desktop brings no opendocument text, plus text as in W10

I use these a lot,can I add them somehow ,or will you have do it?

#2 2018-08-10 09:39

Dai_trying

Re: right click mouse on desktop

I do not understand what you want to do, what is "opendocument text"?
When I right click the desktop I get this menu..
fD77usV.png
Do you want to add some options to this?

#3 2018-08-15 09:53

esutton

Do you want to add some options to this?

Yes I do.

#4 2018-08-15 10:31

Dai_trying

You could read this forum post to see if that helps, it really depends on what exactly you want to achieve.

#5 2018-08-16 12:39

esutton

So are you saying that  I install  the tdeaddons-trinity package .It will work as I want?

#6 2018-08-16 14:10

Dai_trying

it depends on exactly what you want? It will add some useful options to the right click menu, maybe one of them is what you want but I cannot say for sure without knowing exactly what it is you are trying to do.

If you read the full topic you will see how to add custom entries to the context menu (right-click menu) and you could craft them to do anything you want.

#7 2018-08-17 10:10

esutton

I will try it out when I have next installed on the Windows 10 pc

#8 2018-08-20 08:09

esutton

esutton wrote:

I will try it out when I have next installed on the Windows 10 pc

I installed tdeaddons-trinity package with synaptic .But I still have the same right click mouse on the desktop.
What am doing wrong?

#9 2018-08-20 08:11

Dai_trying

Did you reboot (or maybe just logout/in)?

#10 2018-08-21 07:24

esutton

Dai_trying wrote:

Did you reboot (or maybe just logout/in)?

I rebooted the Q4OS .Was that correct?

#11 2018-08-21 08:31

Dai_trying

Yes that was correct...

If you can let us know what exactly you are trying to achieve we might be able to help...

#12 2018-08-21 10:11

esutton

Dai_trying wrote:

Yes that was correct...

If you can let us know what exactly you are trying to achieve we might be able to help...

This is what I want

In W10 ,there is a New ,when I right click on the desktop,under that there section
that says Opendocument drawing,Opendocument presentation,Opendocumentspreadsheet,
Opendocumenttext
I have LibreOffice installed on W10, not Windows office.

#13 2018-08-21 11:45

Dai_trying

Yes I am sure it will be possible but I cannot look further into it until later tonight as I have a few things I need to attend to first, I will post something here when I have it done.

#14 2018-08-24 17:35

Dai_trying

Sorry this took so long but after trying (and failing) at several different ways to do this I found the only option was to change the default behaviour for the right click mouse button to use a custom menu. Another option would be to use either the left button or the middle button for a custom menu which would leave the right click the same (in case you need some options from there). To modify these options do the following:-

1. Right click and select "Configure Desktop"

2. Select "Behaviour"

3. in the section titled "Mouse Button Actions" you can select from the dropdown boxes several things, two of them are customisable menus where you can add whatever applications you want.

4. Click Edit to add applications to the menu.

5. Click Apply when finished to apply the settings and you will now have your own custom menu

I have not tested this extensively so am not sure if you could add some of the options from the normal "Desktop Menu" to a custom one but I think it would be likely you could get most if not all of the usual (or most used ones at least) into your custom context menu although it might require some information from the devs to find them.

#15 2018-08-25 16:41

esutton

Dai_trying wrote:

Sorry this took so long but after trying (and failing) at several different ways to do this I found the only option was to change the default behaviour for the right click mouse button to use a custom menu. Another option would be to use either the left button or the middle button for a custom menu which would leave the right click the same (in case you need some options from there). To modify these options do the following:-

1. Right click and select "Configure Desktop"

2. Select "Behaviour"

3. in the section titled "Mouse Button Actions" you can select from the dropdown boxes several things, two of them are customisable menus where you can add whatever applications you want.

4. Click Edit to add applications to the menu.

5. Click Apply when finished to apply the settings and you will now have your own custom menu

I have not tested this extensively so am not sure if you could add some of the options from the normal "Desktop Menu" to a custom one but I think it would be likely you could get most if not all of the usual (or most used ones at least) into your custom context menu although it might require some information from the devs to find them.

Right click and select "Configure Desktop"

Select "Behaviour"

in the section titled "Mouse Button Actions" you can select from the dropdown boxes several things, two of them are customisable menus where you can add whatever applications you want.

Click Edit to add applications to the menu.  this is greyed out  What to do now?

Click Apply when finished to apply the settings and you will now have your own custom menu

#16 2018-08-25 16:49

Dai_trying

esutton wrote:

Click Edit to add applications to the menu.  this is greyed out  What to do now?

First select one of the custom menus (Custom Menu 1 or Custom Menu 2), they are the only ones you can edit.

#17 2018-08-28 10:25

esutton

Dai_trying wrote:
esutton wrote:

First select one of the custom menus (Custom Menu 1 or Custom Menu 2), they are the only ones you can edit.

First select one of the custom menus (Custom Menu 1  I selected this and added libreeoffice from the programs
section and 4 others
Now I can these see these and Konsole with the right click mouse on the desktop
I cannot see  desktop setting to fix this

What to do now?

#18 2018-08-28 11:28

Dai_trying

You can access these settings from Start -> Settings -> Control Centre -> Desktop -> Behaviour

#19 2018-08-29 10:59

esutton

Dai_trying wrote:

You can access these settings from Start -> Settings -> Control Centre -> Desktop -> Behaviour

OK I need exact details of how fix this ,if you can,or I will just make another mess.

Thanks

#20 2018-08-29 11:34

Dai_trying

esutton wrote:
Dai_trying wrote:

OK I need exact details of how fix this ,if you can,or I will just make another mess.

Thanks

1. Click on "start" (the q4os logo bottom left of the screen)

2. If you are using the default menu type control in the text area and select (click) Control Centre from the list above it.

3. from the window that opens double click on the icon labelled "Desktop"

4. double click on the icon labelled "Behaviour"

You now should have the window open to edit your "Mouse Button Actions" as previously explained.

#21 2018-08-30 11:04

esutton

Dai_trying wrote:
esutton wrote:
Dai_trying wrote:

Thanks

1. Click on "start" (the q4os logo bottom left of the screen)

2. If you are using the default menu type control in the text area and select (click) Control Centre from the list above it.

3. from the window that opens double click on the icon labelled "Desktop"

4. double click on the icon labelled "Behaviour"

You now should have the window open to edit your "Mouse Button Actions" as previously explained.

I will try this out after I have tested Ubuntu.On a Dual boot with W10.

Thanks for your help. I know it was not easy .

Board footer