You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-08 14:18

DavidB
Website

If you use Instagram you may like this

I happened across this interesting app. the other day and thought I'd share it with you, here.  It's called XnRetro and iIt makes it easy for you to take your photographs and put a retro spin on them, something similar to what the Instagram app does on your cell phone.

It's really easy to use and works well with Q4OS.  If you'd like to give it a try, you can download the .tar file from the developer's website, here: http://www.xnview.com/en/xnretro/.  There's no real install you have to do, just un-tar the file and run the xnretro.sh bash script.  But, you will need to install the library file libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 for it to work (at least I did).  You can obtain it from either Synaptic or via apt-get at the command line.

Here's a little before and after photo comparison of a  couple photos I touched up with XnRetro.

40826802.f9a5da5c.500.jpg
XnRetro Before / After Comparison on David, on ipernity

Current setup:  Acer Aspire One D257 / Q4OS Centaurus / TDE / SeaMonkey 2.53.8.1

#2 2016-01-08 18:57

MC

Re: If you use Instagram you may like this

Good info DavidB. Another good way to "tweak" images is with the on-line GIMP G'MIC site. A lot of people are overwhelmed trying to use GIMP, so this site allows anyone to "GIMP" their own images without the frustration. There is a large variety of filters to use, and they have a sample image to preview how each filter looks. When you upload your own image it has a live update so you can preview how your image will look. It even has the ability to crop and resize.

It's free and no need to install software. Just upload your favorite image and give it a go. https://gmicol.greyc.fr/

Here's some samples from your image above.

GMICImage_00.jpg
GMICImage_01.jpg
GMICImage_02.png

Q4OS running Xfce

#3 2016-01-08 20:26

DavidB
Website

That's really handy, too!  Thanks, MC; I never knew about G'MIC.  Will be sure to bookmark it.

Current setup:  Acer Aspire One D257 / Q4OS Centaurus / TDE / SeaMonkey 2.53.8.1

#4 2016-01-09 00:37

bobby
Website

If it does colorizing, I'll start my Fiverr.com gig tomorrow smile

Good to know though.

No Longer Using Q4OS

#5 2016-01-09 02:58

JimW

bobby wrote:

If it does colorizing, I'll start my Fiverr.com gig tomorrow smile

Good to know though.

Let me know if you get Commando Cody colorized! (plus any of the other old time scifi shows) I've often wondered what they would look like. But, then again, I guess the black/white shows would loose some of their appeal if they were colorized!  hmm

#6 2016-01-09 06:28

bobby
Website

LOL - That's more work than I was hoping for smile  I was thinking of those $5 gigs

No Longer Using Q4OS

Board footer