You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-05 22:14

Dai_trying

q4home.tar and themebackup

I'm going over my themebackup script i wrote a while back and I'm recoding it in python to give more options to users, and have noticed a file in the desktop restore tar file that I think may be redundant ( or maybe just not used on my system) the file is a softlink ~.config/menus/.q4-kde4-applications.menu.disabled which points to /etc/xdg/menus/kde4-applications.menu which doesn't exist.

Is this a redundant file which could be removed from the tar file or would it be available with different configurations?

Also It has been requested to add khotkeysrc to my backup script (which is simple to achieve) but just wanted to ask if this might cause problems as I'm not sure if this config might conflict with any other keyboard shortcut settings, I only ask as there seems to be a few ways to configure shortcut keys and wondered if there were any other files that might be backed up as well (or in preference to).

Dai

#2 2016-10-05 22:36

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: q4home.tar and themebackup

Dai_trying wrote:

... and have noticed a file in the desktop restore tar file that I think may be redundant ( or maybe just not used on my system) the file is a softlink ~.config/menus/.q4-kde4-applications.menu.disabled which points to /etc/xdg/menus/kde4-applications.menu which doesn't exist.

Is this a redundant file which could be removed from the tar file or would it be available with different configurations?

Yes, it's redundant file related to KDE4 and is just prepared for a possible future use. You can safely omit/remove it.

Dai_trying wrote:

Also It has been requested to add khotkeysrc to my backup script (which is simple to achieve) but just wanted to ask if this might cause problems as I'm not sure if this config might conflict with any other keyboard shortcut settings, I only ask as there seems to be a few ways to configure shortcut keys and wondered if there were any other files that might be backed up as well (or in preference to).

Shortcut settings stored in this file shouldn't be in conflict with another. There are also a bit different kind of 'system' keyboard shortcuts stored in the relevant 'kdeglobals' file, which you are certainly backing up too.

#3 2016-10-05 22:49

Dai_trying

Re: q4home.tar and themebackup

Thanks guys, just wanted to check. smile

Board footer